14 Benefits of Amla Which are Simply Awesome
As a source of vitamin C, which combats free radicals and comprised of iron and
other essential nutrients – Amla can safely be called the powerhouse of health.
As a superfood and a naturally enriched fruit, Amla is revered for its health benefits,
nutritious advantages and tangy taste. What it brings to the table in terms of health
and overall well-being of the body, cannot be ignored.
Amla or Indian gooseberry is a nutritious fruit and its regular consumption can
keep your body healthy and fit.
Right from its pulp to the seed, every part of the fruit comes packed with so much
goodness that by including it in your every diet or beauty regime as juice or Amla
powder, you can smile your way to health and gorgeous hair growth and skin, such
is how beneficial Amla can be. Drinking its juice can help you stay protected from
many widespread ailments and diseases, boost immunity and helps prevent viral and
Amla can be had in form - as a fresh fruit, dried or candied fruit, powder form
or as a juice—yet its advantages and health benefits remain as strong and effective.
Call it the magic potion or the fruit of immortality or whatever, the fact remains
that with Amla in your diet helps stay protected from many illnesses.
In India, Amla is generally developed in the wet hilly territories and is utilized
in various forms — from pickles, chutneys, jams, and murabba to even its juice.
Here is a list of some of the active ingredients present in Amla and its nutritional
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin B
- Gallic acid
- Ellagic acid
Amongst many others
NUTRITIONAL BENEFITS OF AMLA/INDIAN GOOSEBERRY PER 100 GM
Carbohydrates: 4.39 g
Folates (B9): 7.86 mcg
Calcium: 20.14 mg
Potassium: 223 mg
Arginine 3.87 g
Protein: 0.34 g
Riboflavin (B2): 0.030 mg
Sodium: 1.37 mg
Glycine 50.1 g
Fat: 0.16 g
Thiamin (B1): 0.01 mg
Iron: 1.25 mg
Dietary Fibers: 47.75 g
Niacin (B3): 0.12 mg
Manganese: 0.11 mg
|| || |
Pantothenic acid (B5): 0.35 mg
Phosphorus: 21.8 mg
|| || |
Pyridoxine (B6): 0.27 mg
|| || |
Vitamin A: 290 IU
Zinc: 0.05 mg
|| || |
Vitamin C: 252 mg
|| || || |
History behind Amla:
In India, Amla fruit is considered "satvik" or that which develops spiritual purity.
It has tremendous medical advantages. Therefore, the Amla tree is viewed as propitious
and worshipped passionately since ancient times. In fact, an interesting celebration
called "Amla Navami" is devoted to it and is performed at the beginning of the winter
season according to the Hindu calendar. What are the benefits of Amla?
What are the benefits of Indian Gooseberry?
How to have Amla juice :
It is best to have the juice of Amla first thing in the
morning on an empty stomach. You can also dilute 20-30 ml of it in a glass of water
for better taste. If drinking plain Amla juice is something does not go well with
your taste palate, you can also put few drops of lemon and honey to make it delicious.
For the individuals who are battling high cholesterol levels and hair growth issues,
juice of Amla when mixed with aloe vera juice does wonders.
Additionally, consuming this juice can be had at night, before bed time as well
as it helps great deal in giving you a relaxed and sound sleep. It also aids in
digesting the food properly.
How to make Amla juice at home: Ingredients:
- 7-8 whole Amlas (Indian Gooseberry)
- 1 cup sugar
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of cardamom powder (optional)
- Cut Amla into little pieces and take
out the seeds
- Put the chopped Amla pieces in a blender and make a paste
- Take a clean piece of cloth and run the puree through it into
- Wrap the fabric and crush it with the hand to extract the juice
in a bowl. Make sure there are no lumps or residue in the liquid
- Do not throw away the mashed Amla. Keep it aside in a separate
bowl for later use
- Now put the separated gooseberry juice in the blender alongside
rest of the gooseberry pieces to make a fine paste
- It is easy to make a paste of gooseberries with a liquid substance,
as compared to blending dry gooseberries into the blender
- By blending gooseberry juice with the gooseberry pieces you
will be able to make a fine paste
- Again, take a clean piece of cloth and put this blend in it
- Crush it firmly with hands to extract the juice out of it.
Put the mash in the mash bowl. Repeat the process unless all the gooseberry pieces
are used up
- In the end, before pouring it in a glass, add salt, cardamom
powder and sugar and blitz it for 5 seconds
- 1 kg. Amla can get you around 600-700 gms of juice
- Refrigerate the juice in a glass or plastic container. You
can store and utilize this juice for 15 days
How to preserve Amla juice :
- The amount of the juice ought to be equivalent to the capacity
of the container.
- Take 500 gms of juice, fill it into a 500 gms capacity glass
or a plastic compartment with 2 tablespoon Sodium Lactate, and blend it well. You
can protect this juice in the cooler for 8-10 months.
- Sodium Lactate can be purchased from any chemist or any stores
that sell food chemicals.
- You can also preserve the juice in the form of ice blocks.
It is too much of hard work to make juice of Amla at home, isn’t it? How about opting
for Dabur Real Wellnezz Amla
Plus! Real Wellnezz Amla Plus juice is packed in a 6 layered Tetrapak which helps
preserve the beverage without any preservatives, keeps nutrition and freshness intact
too! A word of caution:
Despite the fact that Amla juice is natural if it is made at home, consuming it
in specific conditions can really backfire. How? Read further to know more:
- Having this juice more than twice a day can solidify the stools,
- In case you are diabetic, consult your doctor before you drink
Amla juice. It is known to bring down the blood sugar levels, which can really meddle
with your medication
- You should always check for hypersensitivities before having
- Having more than the suggested amount can make you dehydrated
because of loss of water from the body
- Taking the juice of Amla amid pregnancy can make you feel uneasy.
So, speak to your doctor before consuming the it.
- It is not advisable for children to consume this juice more
than necessary as it might cause diarrhea in them.
You can also check out the various mocktail
recipes you can make with Real Fruit Power.
Find out the various benefits of these healthy fruit juices: