- Preparation Time :
- Cook Time :
- Total Time :
How to Make Vegetable Oats Upma
Rich in vitamin B-complex and magnesium, oats can also be cooked as a delicious snack. Mixed with the goodness of vegetables and urad dal, you can make Maazedar Vegetable Oats Upma at home.
Lunch Box Recipe Ingredients
- Carrot-1 (peeled and finely chopped)
- French beans-3-4 (chopped)
- Green peas - 1/2 cup (boiled)
- Oatmeal - 1 cup
- Onion - 1 (medium)
- Ginger -1
- Green chilies- 2 (chopped)
- Oil - 2-3 tablespoons
- Mustard seeds- 1/2 teaspoon
- Urad dal- 1 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Curry leaves- 4-6
- Salt to taste
- Mint chutney (for serving)
Steps to Make Oats Upma
- Dry roast oats in a non-stick frying pan for 2 minutes and set aside.
- Chop onion and ginger.
- Heat oil in another non-stick pan and add mustard seeds.
- When the mustard starts to splutter, add urad dal and cumin seeds and sauté till fragrant.
- Add, ginger, chopped green chilies and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add onion, carrot, beans, green peas, curry leaves and salt.
- Add ¾ cup of water and boil with a closed lid till the vegetables are cooked.
- Add oats and mix well.
- Reduce heat and slow cook till oats is done.
Serve hot with mint chutney.
Healthy oats enriched with the goodness of carrots, beans, and peas is rich in vitamin A, C, and K. it is an excellent choice for breakfast or evening snack. Your kids will just love it.
Your Oats Upma Recipe is now ready to serve!
Don’t forget to add a Mixed Fruit Juice box to your kid’s tiffin.
You can also try out various mocktail recipes you can make with Real Fruit Juices and the different fruit recipes you can serve as desserts.
Make healthy snacks for your kids tiffins with lunch box recipes by Real Fruit Power.